October 15, 2009

The Return!

I haven't posted in a while, which is very frustrating because this blog is not something I wanted to only add to once a month! I don't want this to dwindle away! I know if I don't post regularly, you'll stop checking, and then when I do post you won't think to check! So I'm sorry for not posting in a while. but please check back regularly because I plan to post more often. My goal is once a week, at least.

I'll start off by saying that I am in a great mood, because I literally spent the last hour laughing hysterically at this blog: http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/
If you need a laugh go check it out! I was actually laughing so hard I was crying at a few of these cakes!

Now to catch you up on our lives!
Julian has been doing fantastic in preschool. He can write his name, and almost any word really if you tell him the letters. But he has his (and Uncle Tim's) name memorized! It's amazing to me. I have a kid that can write his name! Is that not crazy?!? He officially turns 4 on Friday. We're not telling him, though, because the party (which he is greatly anticipating) is on Saturday, and I don't want to confuse him. I'm really excited about the party, too. It is going to be a pirate theme! And we're going to hide some gold coins in the sandbox and let the kids hunt for them :) I am planning on making another fantastic cake, and this one will look like a treasure map. Hopefully.

Melody walks, as you know from my previous post. She dances now, too. It's more of a butt bounce, but it's hilarious and adorable. I'll try to get it on video soon and post it on here. She absolutely loves music, just like Julian. I know that most young kids like music, but I really hope that mine and Dominic's (mostly Dominic's these days) passion for music is in their DNA, and they, too, will share the passion. Julian loves to play instruments. He plays the drums better than me, and loves the keyboard.

Melody is such a little princess. There is such a huge difference between hers and Julian's personalities - it's really amazing to me how much he acted like a boy and she acts like a girl, without knowing about it, or trying to fit into some stereotype! And I have to admit that I love it. She is so much fun. I want her to act like a little princess. That's what being a girl is all about to me :) But she has an attitude. And she is demanding! She doesn't say words yet, but you know what she's thinking by her different shrieks!

I am very pleased to announce that Melody has been breastfeeding for ONE YEAR!!! WE DID IT! If you've read my previous post about our struggles with breastfeeding, you'll understand the excitement. I really didn't think we'd make it. But October 1st, 2008, is when I officially began exclusively breastfeeding her, and she's still nursing today. About 8-10 times in 24 hours, actually. And we have no plans to stop any time soon :) The health benefits associated with extended breastfeeding are well worth it. And I feel so close to her. The bonding is incredible. It's... also a little annoying at times. Because I've chosen to keep breastfeeding, she still wakes up multiple times (about 4) during the night to nurse. So, technically, I haven't had a full night's sleep in over a year. And it's definitely taking it's toll. She also associated me with nursing. So if I'm around, she's fussy and wants to nurse, or at least be held by me. If I walk out the door, in 2 minutes she's happy as a clam. But when I'm around, she's a butt. I guess it comes with the territory. One day, she'll stop nursing, sleep through the night, and I'll get a full night's sleep. And then, I'll miss our sleepless nights of bonding and cuddling, and probably cry. So I'm trying to remember how much I love this.

I started selling Tupperware last month! There was a start up fee that was a little daunting (about $120). And of course, that wasn't enough for more than 1 party, so I've put quite a bit more money into my business. It was a huge leap, because I didn't know if I would succeed. Well, I can tell you that I am so happy I started this business! I did a horrible job at my first 2 parties, but the stuff still sold like crazy! Tupperware products have been around for over 60 years. I didn't know much about the Tupperware legacy, but apparently everyone else does, because they buy it! I have sold over $1,000 of tupperware with only 3 parties. I am really excited about where this could take me. Here is my personal website (you can order from here and I'll get credit for it): http://my2.tupperware.com/lisagorski

In green news, we have stopped cloth diapering. I did love it. It was an obsession - there was a sport to it. I knew I was doing something that was better for the Earth, better for my daughter, and pretty stinkin' cool. I had an edge as a mom. But I couldn't get rid of the ammonia smell! I tried everything, and I really think it must have been our hard water. So, I sold them all. And we use disposables. The eco-friendly, chlorine-free, biodegradable ones, though! And life is truly simpler. It's been about a month now, and having a house that doesn't stink is really nice. I will definitely try again if we have more kids, but hopefully we'll be in a different home by then, and have soft water.

Dominic and I have been going through a very rough time. I'm not going to go into details, but things went as low as they could. The fact that we got back up again is a huge accomplishment. I know this isn't going to be easy, but I believe that God wants us to be together, so if we can make an effort He will see that and help us along the way.

That's all for tonight! I need to get to bed.

2 comments:

  1. Great post. I'm happy to hear about the tupperware success story! I didn't realize you had a start up cost with that. I'm glad it has been successful and I'm sure I will buy more soon. I have other comments too, but I'll write about them elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lisa, I really think it's something about Ohio water because I had a lot of trouble with my diapers there too, but when I got to Virginia, suddenly I didn't have to wash them 15 times in one sitting, twice was enough! So know it's nothing wrong with your routine, it was just the sucktastic Ohio water system.

    ReplyDelete