These are the reasons, in a nutshell, why we don't vaccinate. I know many people disagree with these points, but we are confident with our decision. I cannot please everybody while raising my children in the safest and healthiest way I see.
1) I do not believe vaccines ever eradicated any disease - I believe it was improved sanitation and clean water that lead to the drops in disease spread at those times.
2) I do not trust the CDC, FDA, or any medical establishment that continually profits from sick people to tell me how to be healthy.
3) I do not think the ingredients are safe or ethical, which include formaldehyde, mercury, animal by-products, aborted fetal cells, and aluminum.
4) I don't believe God gave us faulty immune systems.
5) I am not afraid of the diseases enough to give vaccines that might or might no be effective and might or might not harm my child. Today we are able to treat almost all of these diseases, and while deaths still occur it is much more rare than it used to be.
6) I don't believe it makes sense to give a child a vaccine that could potentially cause them serious harm or death only to prevent something that they may or may not ever be exposed to, especially when vaccines do not even give full immunity. I would not feel guilty if my child died of Whooping Cough - I would feel guilty if my child died from something I gave them that has death as a side effect.
And I don't believe I should vaccinate my children to protect anybody else. I don't give a crap about the "herd mentality" - I will not risk my child's life to save another's, no matter how cold that sounds. I think most parents would make the same decision in that regard - my child is my responsibility - your child is not my responsibility. There's no nice way to put it, but it's true.